The waiver is valid only on the day of the visit. You must fill out a new waiver upon each additional visit.
PARTICIPANT RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
In consideration of entering The Nautical Dog, DBA: Schwartzy’s Cat Cove premises located at 5102 Main Street Williamsburg, VA 23188, the undersigned Participant acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. The behavior and actions of cats are inherently unpredictable. As such, interaction with cats can result in injury. By signing this Agreement, Participant is KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, AND WILLINGLY ASSUMING ALL RISK related to their interaction with the cats at Schwartzy’s Cat Cove. This includes, but is not limited to, injuries resulting from bites, scratches, infections, illness, allergies, damage to property, and other physical, emotional, and financial injuries and damages. Participant acknowledges that Schwartzy’s Cat Cove staff will be available to generally monitor activities and answer questions, but staff are not responsible for assisting Participant’s interaction with the cats.
2. Participant agrees to treat the cats kindly, gently, and with respect. Participant further agrees to comply with all instructions and rules presented or made known to Participant by Schwartzy’s Cat Cove, and that failure to do so will result in prohibition from further participation
3. In consideration for entrance to the Premises and participation in any activities, programs, or related events at Schwartzy’s Cat Cove (collectively, “Activities”), the undersigned Participant hereby WAIVES, RELEASES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE The Nautical Dog, LLC (dba Schwartzy’s Cat Cove) (“The Nautical Dog”), Heritage Humane Society, Inc., and their respective owners, affiliates, employees, volunteers, agents, or other involved vendors (collectively referred to as the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, attorneys’ fees, damages, and liabilities, including claims of negligence, related to any physical, mental, or psychological injury, illness, allergy, economic loss, or harm to personal property that Participant may sustain in connection Participant’s Activities at Schwartzy’s Cat Cove.
4. Participant authorizes Released Parties to administer first-aid treatment for injuries Participant may incur while participating in any Activities, or to obtain medical treatment, including arranging for ambulance transportation on Participant’s behalf and at Participant’s expense in the event of an emergency. Participant hereby RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES Released Parties from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or medical services rendered in connection with Participant’s Actitvities at Schwartzy’s Cat Cove.
5. All adoptions of cats from Schwartzy’s Cat Cove and any decision relating thereto are made, governed, and executed by The Nautical Dog’s rescue partner, Heritage Humane Society, Inc. (“HHS”). The Nautical Dog has no decision-making power with respect to any adoption determination made by HHS.
6. This Agreement is intended to be as broad and as inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Should Participant or anyone acting on Participant’s behalf choose to challenge the provisions of this Agreement, Participant agrees to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Released Parties for any and all attorney fees that Released Parties may incur.